Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Feature

So it looks like the "Dear Jessica" feature is winning and I doubt I need 5 or 6 more "voting" days to realize that this feature will win...

So the next step is to solicit ideas on how people can ask questions... this is where you come in...

-Should the questions be confidential from other readers? or in other words, should the questions be asked by posting on my blog or a private email sent to me?
-Are you willing to submit questions (I'm not going to make them up... it would defeat the purpose of the feature )?! This is only fun if everyone plays =)

What I do know:

-the questions will be fun, serious, hypothetical, etc (as my dear cousin Elizabeth suggested)
-you can sign your name as your real name or make up something, like, "Fed up in Phoenix"
-I will answer questions honestly, as if I were giving advice to my best friend
-I give good advice =) hehe

OK... any other thoughts or suggestions?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be more fun if they were all anonymous... that way you give advice without bias to the specific person

-Greg

erin said...

you could post something whenever you want to do a dear jessica, and you could moderate the comments on it. that way people could comment and leave their question and no one else would be able to see it except you. make sense?
and i agree with greg--i think anonymous would be good.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, with a made-up name.

Like "Still Up in Down Under"

Anonymous said...

Another vote for anonymous. And, Erin's idea about turning on the moderation just for that post would work well. I've used that before.

Or, you could open an email address specifically for your "dear jess" column. Like "helpmedearjess@gmail.com" . . . something that is separate from your regular email.

--Signing out from Singapore

Four peas in a pod said...

I think any of the way suggested will work.

A. Lori

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of being anonymous...I also think it would be fun to open it up to all your croonies so they could give their opinion as well...most people take a few comments into consideration before acting on some--okay--maybe should I do that?? hee hee


signed...hopelessly confuzzled

Anonymous said...

I think they should be anonymous.. and I agree you could do it with comment moderation :-)

Signed:

Sleepless in Seattle

Elizabeth said...

it looks like everyone is already practicing signing off anonymously!! :P

ahhhh this will be fun, i'm excited.

signed,

Eager in Elizabethtown