Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cermanics... Glazing Phase

Tonight was my last, official ceramics class. Or actually, "Wheel throwing pottery" class. hehe - We can still go back to finish up our loose ends and pick up our masterpieces!

Anyway, I glazed 3 of my 4 pieces... the colors will change a little once these pieces are re-fired but you can still get the idea...

The blue, polka dotted one is going to my dad (and mom) for popcorn... it's kind of small so they will need to get a few refills probably, but at least they'll think of me, right?

The other two are for me! Yay!! And the 4th one I made is a little flower pot... tonight I cut a hole in the bottom of it for water drainage... I will post a pic of that one once I make some more progress on it....


9 comments:

mom said...

Wow, those are really nice! will you bring them all for us to see when you come on thursday?

jess said...

I won't have them back until next week... but I will try to bring them home the next time I come once I have them!

Midge said...

You rock! I am so proud of you! You should be proud of yourself! And I am going to start calling you Picasso!

erin said...

that looks like fun! now i want to throw some pottery. or however you say it! :-)

not2brightGRAM said...

Very nice. I really like the one for your parents and think you should throw one for your favorite aunt. At least, the aunt with the animal nickname.

Word: I would need to make too many refills for popcorn. Can you just make it about 10 times larger? =P

Four peas in a pod said...

Excellent work! I can't believe you are new at it.

Tracy Klemme said...

beeeeeautiful!!

A day in the Life... said...

Those look great :-)

Jess(ica) said...

Thanks everyone!

Aunt Pup- Next time maybe =)

Aunt Lori- I took ceramics in college about 7 years ago so I'm not exactly "new"--