Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hockey Team

I know that previously I've mentioned this new pick-up hockey league (called, "JMS") I have been playing on... it's a blast... one of the funnest things I've done in a long time! I can sign up to play as much or as little as I want during the week.

A few weeks ago on a Wednesday night game, I was asked by a few guys if I would be interested in checking out their AHA (adult hockey association) club team. They play 20 games a season plus playoff (if they make it). They had a practice today and I decided to go check it out.

Well, as I suspected, I loved it and everyone is super nice! They had a spot open for a forward and a defense position so I took the forward one. Probably center. The captain is even ordering my jersey tomorrow with the number I picked (#87).

I am so excited to be playing organized hockey. Granted the season doesn't start for a few months, but there will be several practices this summer. And I will continue to play JMS hockey until the league starts.

This, my friends, is what I love.

5 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
not2brightGRAM said...

(yep, that was me^, typo. I'll try again...)

That is so cool, Jessica. You must be really good! I'm happy that you get to do something you really love.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo excited for you #87! I think it's great that you are getting out there and doing what you love...way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Check out www.hockeyfinder.com too

grandma said...

are there any other girls on the team? when I was growing up I was the only girl on the neighbor hood baseball team...but I think the only reason they asked be was because I had a bat and first base glove!!!