Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shamrocks - Nookie Supreme Challenge

John and Charlie and their friends Dan and Ben came down to the cities for a concert on Saturday. They crashed at my house and so I got to spend a little time with them. We went to the Mall of America, hunted down shoplifters and of course, went to Shamrocks!

Shamrocks, a little pub in St. Paul, is one of the best burger places in the world (if you don't believe me, come and visit and I will take you there). They have a burger challenge at Shamrocks that John and his friend Dan thought they could take on and win.

The challenge: eat two Nookie Supreme Burgers (each burger has two, 1/4 lb patties of beef with cheese and a bun between the patties) and the fries for both and you win a free t-shirt! I decided to capture the challenge on photo.


The group of guys when we first got there (the "before" picture)
L-R: Ben, Charlie, Dan, John
Dan is ready to take bite #1;
John looks a little nervous (isn't he cute?).

But nevertheless, John digs in!

And he doesn't slow down!

Quick sip of pop towards the end of the challenge.

John's LAST fry! And Dan is about done too!


They did it!!!

Shamrocks was out of t-shirts so they got business cards to take to
their sister restaurant (the Nook) to get their shirts.

Yay!!!!


11 comments:

erin said...

oh my goodness i feel SOOOO full just reading that.

good job john and dan! but really, weren't you sick after that?!

Four peas in a pod said...

Yes, how did they feel after this?!?!

Jana

Giggles said...

How come you didn't take part in the challenge?!

I feel sort of guilty being one of few that read this blog... that maybe misunderstood the blog title at first.

john-tiffani-taylor-hannah said...

I was not only full but my stomach hurt for the next 4 hours. It was fun though but I'll never do that again. The shirt says "Have you had your nookie today? I did"

John

Jess(ica) said...

Giggles... More people read the blog than comment. That is why one of my personal goals is to comment w/I visit a blog =) Thanks for always commenting!

John, now you have something you can cross of your list of things to do before you die! hehe

3dingsandadog said...

You should email the food channel about this. The show Man Vs. Food travels around the US to do these challenges...Looked fun...to watch that is. I can't imagine how full/sick the guys were.

mom said...

They are the best burgers, but I'd never do that challenge!

Dan Bush said...

the challenge was great. i also have watched the tv show "Man vs. Food". the burgers were great. i would not do it again. $20 down the drain that day and a few days later i'm sure. my stumach felt tight after the challenge. well it was a great time to hang with friends and see a great concert. thanks for the blog. what a great weekend.

Heather said...

okay, jessica, i seriously don't know how i missed all this stuff. i just found a video on your facebook that i didn't see either.

food challenge.... how hilarious! glad you have the pics to document it! :)

Anonymous said...

Went to S.t. Paul to see a Wild hockey game and took down the challange. Best burgers in the world. When you type in nookie supreme challange on google images, the pictures make it look a lot bigger then it really is. Also had 3 Guinesses too.

Jess(ica) said...

Anonymous, who are you?
I'm glad you enjoyed the burgers!! I agree they're the worlds best!! Especially when preceded or followed by a Wild game!!