Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blessings

I just wanted to write a quick note to say that I truely see my job as a blessing from God. I will have worked at State Farm for 5 years as of February 2! In some ways it went so fast and in others, I feel like I've been there forever! I know I talk about State Farm all the time and jokingly (but seriously) tell people they need to buy SF insurance, but SF truely is a great company.

The economic situation has affected every company and State Farm is no exception. But we are very strong financially because our investments are not really in the stock markets, so we are a lot better off than most large companies right now. In fact, an article on CNN the other day listed 13 companies hiring in 2009 and SF is one of them. Which leads me to my next point: what I love about State Farm is that when they talk about budget cuts (and us "little people" are involved in some of those discussions), they never bring up the laying off of employees. They talk about how we spend our money and what part we can all take in reducing expenses.

Having said all that, I am grateful and proud to be a part of this amazing organization. And frankly, I am secure in knowing that I am insured by them, too. It's nice to know that if I were to experience a loss (whether auto or fire), my insurance company is going to be there for me, not cut corners to save money, or heaven forbid tell me that they don't have enough money to cover my loss due to the economic crisis.

3 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

That is so cool... you were in the right place at the right time to have that job!

"A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Who do I call for a quote on our package needs (two houses, tow cars, liability umbrella)?

not2brightGRAM said...

Make that *two* cars! Hopefully we'll never need a *tow* car (truck)!

Jess(ica) said...

I'd recommend looking up a local state farm agent. I'd refer you but I don't know anyone in your area =)