Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Moving and Such

I am moving again. Saturday. One of my 4 roommates (Angelene) and I are moving to an apartment closer to where I work. I am super excited to have more space and my own bathroom! Plus there is heated, underground parking... what more could you possibly ask for in Minnesota?!?!

My mom, dad and brother John are coming down Saturday to help me move and I am counting down the hours! I've been trying to pack and my roommate and I started to bring boxes over but apparently Tuesday through Friday the elevators are out and since we are on the 3rd floor, we decided to just wait till Saturday to move the rest of our stuff. Carrying boxes up 3 flights of stairs is not too fun. =)

And I keep bringing this up, but I am SO excited for the lakes and ponds to freeze. I haven't played hockey for way too long and I can't wait until I can play. At work, my Claim Rep who I am partnered with lives on a pond with his family and he has people out to play hockey all winter! And I also have the broomball team so I am set for winter sports! I can't wait for big, fluffy snow to fall, but I want it to wait until after we get a good layer of ice so the ice is perfect!

I can't believe I have been living in MN for over 5 months now! A year ago, I would have laughed if someone told me I'd be living here again. Not because I didn't want to, but because I just didn't think it would have happend so quickly. But I can say with 100% certainty, I am SO glad that I moved here. I love being closer to family. I really love my job... more than any other job I've had. I feel like I am making very good friends and meeting lots of neat people. And lets face it, the accent here is pretty much amazing! hehe - 5 months ago, I would not have said I loved living here again, even 2 months ago... but now, I am home. Home sweet home. (I say that now, I suppose we should revisit that love for MN a few months into winter... haha)

I guess that's it for now. I wrote a whole lot for sitting down to write a blog without knowing what I was going to write about, but not being able to write about what I really think (I think that is for my private journal, which I don't have, so I should start one!) hehe

5 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

Jess, I am so glad to hear the joy in your "voice"! Be sure to post pics of all this snow sport activity, especially the "broom ball". I would love to see what that is exactly.

:-)

Jess(ica) said...

will do!! =)

Nicole said...

You've lived here for 5 months and I STILL have not seen you! When will you be in Rapids next? I'll be in St. Paul January 5th and 6th. Emeric is having an EEG and then I'm heading to Mayo for a couple days so I will be around. Maybe you can stop by the hospital and see us! :)

Jess(ica) said...

Just remind me as the time gets closer and I will stop by and say hi for sure! =) I will be in GR for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

not2brightGRAM said...

How wonderful that you are contented! It wasn't too long ago that you were about to make a U-turn. Glad you gave it time. (But, we miss you)