Thursday, July 31, 2008

Minnesota Pics

I decided to start taking pictures, with my camera phone,
of some of the things I like about Minnesota.
Picture #1:

I am not a morning person and I definitely don't like driving to work at 6:45 am every day. The redeeming factor is that I drive over the Mississippi River every morning and I think it's really pretty. Half of this picture is "road" but I was driving so I didn't really want to take my focus off the road to focus on my picture... but you can still see how pretty it is.


Pictures #2-3

I went to downtown Minneapolis for dinner with a new friend tonight. I really like the high-rise buildings so I took a few pictures of them. I don't know why they are so cool to look at but I never get sick of it!

Picture #4
This picture is neat because, if you look at the building in the very middle, you can see a perfect reflection of the building that stands in front of it. I thought it looked really cool!

Picture #5

I am not sure how this ended up so abstract looking, but at any rate, it's another cool building.


Picture #6
This is on Nicolette Mall (named after an outdoor mall that lines the street for blocks).


There are people walking and biking everywhere!


Picture #7
This is me and my friend Ka, from work. We drove to Lincoln, NE together since we are in the same training class and this is a picture from our road trip there! I always have fun on these trips and looked forward to them (they are done now that my training in Lincoln is done).


Pictures #8-9

No matter what happens during my day or how unsettled I feel at times, it's nice to go my room where all the stuff is mine and there is a sense of familiarity.

(I don't usually make my bed and when I do, it looks like this haha)

Picture #10

My 2 favorite things about MN:

PS: I accomplished my goal for this week! Tonight I successfully drove down one-way streets the correct way!

14 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

I would say you accomplished something else.

You chose to look at the positives about being in MN. I am so proud of you!

BTW, the pix of Taylor looks TOTALLY like Tif's mom. And I don't even know her! I've seen her in photos only, but I see a definite similarity in the expression or something.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those two little ones are so crazy adorable I wanna eat em! Love the pics of MN, it seems like an adventurous and exciting place and love the BIG grin with you and Kha, super cute. The room is cute too, cant wait to see ya!

erin said...

hey.... i'm glad you're finding things to like! i love your pics of the buildings. i never get tired of going to downtown kc either. well, except for the traffic. and evertime i drive through the cities i always stare at the mississippi too! hope you're doing well. glad rachel gets to come see you!

Four peas in a pod said...

It looks like a beautiful city and much bigger than I thought! Hope to see you soon :-)

Love,
Jana

Four peas in a pod said...

Now that is some seriously good posting!! I got a feel for your life! Keep it up!!!!

A. Lori

Anonymous said...

great pictures...love the one of the girls...one light head and one dark....cute!!! thanks for a "pick" at your rt. to work...always like looking at the Mississippi river ...especially after seenig where it started..have a nice week-end home and drive careful!!! love ya

Nicole said...

Great pics!

Is that a Coach purse in your room? LOL

Jess(ica) said...

Yeah, it was my graduation present to myself! =)

3dingsandadog said...

Great Pic's. I'm sure you will have fun exploring this new city!

Nicole said...

I'm jealous! Let me know if you ever sell it! Ha ha!

john-tiffani-taylor-hannah said...

yeah jess!!!

Four peas in a pod said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica!!!!

not2brightGRAM said...

Ditto! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

How could you tell that her purse is a Coach? Dave nic-named it "Fifi" because she babies it. & I wont let her tell me what she paid for it! But it is growing on me.