Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow!

I might be posting about snow a lot because I just love it so much! It is snowing again right now! I tried to take a picture and a video but it just doesn't turn out. Between now and tomorrow morning we are supposed to get up to 8 inches (or so, each weather report is a little different). I am so excited; mostly because I am not out driving in it. I can enjoy it from my apartment. About 100 yards from my apartment window is one of the freeways and it is pretty much crawling at about 10 mph and there are snowplows out trying to keep it clear. It is times like this that I am especially glad to be .9miles from work (yes, that is "point nine" miles, not nine).

Snowfall like this will make things a little busier at work though. We all forget how to drive in snow from one year to the next. We think we can push the limits further than we really can when it's snowing and then end up hitting someone or going into a ditch. I hope everyone exercises safety and good judgement while driving (not because I don't wantextra claims at work - there is always work to do with or without a snowstorm- but because accidents are just bad in general).

Tomorrow I am taking a test on property insurance. I have to get 70% to pass and I honestly don't think I will pass. I haven't studied like I should and it's not exactly the most exciting material. I am easily distracted (like I write pointless blogs about snow).

I guess that is it for now!

Another pointless blog...

4 comments:

erin said...

i was torn on your snow quiz. i really love snow, but not missouri snow. when we get snow here it usually melts the same day, or within about 3 days if we get enough (4 inches maybe). so snow here is usually a dirty, yucky, wet, mess. and then if it gets cold enough again it gets slippery. but i do love going to minnesota and seeing the snow up there. it's such a different kind of snow. way more managable even if it comes in feet and not inches! can't wait to see it at Christmas!
oh... and you forgot to say what great coverage SF has in case you do get into one of those accidents... lol!

Jess(ica) said...

Good point! SF does provide great coverage and more importantly, great service!!! =)

I hate that dirty snow, too! Maybe this year, mother nature will surprise you and Missouri will get feet of snow that actually sticks!!

Four peas in a pod said...

Good luck on your test, Jess! Drive carefully :-)

Jana

A day in the Life... said...

Yeah for snow!!