Monday, February 25, 2008

Old Car... New Problems

I love my little, blue 1991 Honda. Recently, though, I have had to put over half of what I paid for it, back into it for repairs. Well, tonight another little thing went wrong, but I can still drive it, so it is going to have to stay "broken."

I caused some sort of electrical problem in my car tonight. While I was idling in a parking lot waiting for my friends to finish pumping gas, I was trying to plug in my car charger for my cell phone. It wasn't working so I took my cell charger out of the cigarette lighter and this little piece of metal fell out. I tried to put it back (although I wasn't sure where it belonged) and I saw sparks (no worries, little sparks). Suddenly, my radio turned off and the lights on the radio started flickering. Also, the "door ajar" warning light on my dashboard came on.

Later on, after I had gone somewhere and got back in my car, I notice my interior light was not working so I flipped the switch to "off" so that just in case it came on, it wouldn't drain the battery (at this point, the radio still flickered and the "door ajar" were still having issues). When I turned the interior light to "off", the radio stopped flickering and the "door ajar" light turned off. HAHA

Also the clock in my car only works when my car is on. When I turn my car off, the clock turns off but when I turn my car on, the clock picks up where it left off rather than starting back at 12:00 like most clocks do when the power gets cut off =)

I am grateful this little electrical episode did not cause my headlights to stop working! I hope my car doesn't randomly catch fire because of these electrical problems. Although, I would probably laugh if it did because it's not everyday your car catches fire!

5 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

One word for you............ Bummer.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that sums it up!

Anonymous said...

How did you find that Lemon in the first place?!

:O

Jess(ica) said...

LOL! I know!

Oh well, I am still able to get to work and school everyday (wait, maybe that is a bad thing!)

Sarah Casebolt said...

Did you know that my little red car caught on fire while I was driving down the highway? Yep, it is a pretty good story....It was completely toast and I had to trash it, but I have a blazer now that I LOVE! Leather seats and a sky light, who could ask for more? ;) My lisence plate is GDTIMEZ for roommate days, etc....