Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend fun

This weekend was pretty fun...

-Friday night I went to the movie's to see "Rendition." It was a good movie about an Egyptian man who was taken out of the U.S. (away from his pregnant wife and son) to be "interrogated" (a.k.a. tortured) for information about a suspected terrorist.

-Saturday night, I played poker with my friends and ended up winning $55.00!

-And today, I went to Apple Hill!

-I also managed to write a paper and I still plan on studying for a test before the weekend is over. I refuse to sacrifice my social life for school! There is definitely a way to have a healthy balance of both!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seen to have good luck with your card playing!!!! did you get some apples on Apple Hill??? one thing that back East has, and that was great eating apples...along with the beautiful tree color..........looking forward to seening you this week-end

Anonymous said...

I brought back apple cider... not apples, though. ;)

johnna said...

Great times!
I just feel sorry for anyone who has not enjoyed an Upstate NY McIntosh apple. (POP!) I have never had an apple grown west of the Mississippi that could compare!
Love, Grandpa Clark

Jess(ica) said...

I'd be interested in tasting this "Upstate NY McIntosh Apple"- Apples have never really impressed me... sometimes, they give me headaches... weird, I know.

not2brightGRAM said...

I totally agree with Grandpa Clark. I cam still TASTE those New York apples in my memory. They are super crunchy and sweet.

Every apple I eat gets compared to them, and I've never had one in the West come close! =(

Headaches eating apples? That's a new one on me...