Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hockey!!!

I love hockey.

And it's officially hockey season for the pros! Even though Minnesota Wild lost their first game, I have high hopes for them. They are under new management and coaching this year and have undergone some big changes in regards to how they play the game (positioning, breakouts, etc) so even though it might take them a bit to catch on and get the new system down, I think we'll see a lot of good things from them this year! And if not, it's still fun to watch the Wild!

In about 3 weeks, my AHA hockey season begins, too! My team, the Diablos, have already been practicing, played in a tournament, and have had a scrimmage game. I think it's going to be a blast this season and I am so excited to be back on the ice!


When I am not watching a MN Wild game or playing with the Diablos, I hope to spend time playing JMS hockey (indoor pick-up hockey), pond hockey or broomball (OR taking a nap)! =)

5 comments:

erin said...

hockey season just started?! i thought it just ended!

hope you have a fun and non-injury season!

jessica said...

for real? You thought it just ended? haha... nice...

Giggles said...

I think the changes are exciting - I do wish they would have changed out some of the scouting staff though. Just from watching the little bit of the Columbus game it looks to be more exciting style of play.

We'll have to make sure to watch a few New Jersey games also - I want to see if the same trap follows Lemaire to the Devils.

Nice goal in the scrimmage last night too ;) You look ready for AHA!

Heather said...

okay, just as a clarification.... for come reason i'm remembering that you used to like the colorado avalanche, is that right? anyway, hope you have a great time playing and don't kill yourself!

Jessica said...

Yep, I used to love the Avalanche... that is, until MN got a hockey team back! =)I still have a special place in my heart for the Av's though!