Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ah! Homework!

While I have been back in school for 4 weeks now, today I have to complete my first homework assignment. I have to write an essay on "Policing in the Political Era". Does that sound as fun to anyone else as it does to me?

OK, I really need to stop complaining. It only has to be 3-4 pages, double spaced. And, for this particular class, my entire grade is based on doing just 4 of these short, take-home essays, which means I am in complete control of my grade... and that, I like.

Well, this blog is my first, official procrastination of the semester. I think I am going to try to bust out this essay and then reward myself with a nap =)

5 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

So, that's what "they" are calling our era- political?

I would have NEVER guessed!

Jess(ica) said...

The Political Era was actually from 1845-1920's. It was political because political officials elected police and the police did what the politicians wanted because if the politicians didn't like what the police were doing, they could fire them.

We are the "problem solving era."

Sarah Casebolt said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for the web page! It is great to read through your life and catch up on what you have been up to. What do you think about making a trip up to Montana the next time that Lisa is in the neighborhood and having a roommate date at Applebees? :)
Sarah Casebolt

Jess(ica) said...

hey sarah!

good to hear from you! when is lisa coming to bozemen next. If i can make it, i would totally come! what is your blog address? I clicked on your name but it didn't give me a link to your blog...

Sarah Casebolt said...

Hey Jess,
I don't have a blog. I just registered a while back so that I could comment on my brothers blog. Sorry. :) I am not a big computer person! :) I will let you know when Lisa will be around so hopefully we can all get together sometime and you can see Janice and Lisa as MOMS!!! Good Times!