Monday, April 13, 2009

And the award goes to: CHARLIE!

Being a Clark, I can definitely sleep. A nap for me is at least 3 hours. I can sleep in well past noon given the chance. Many other "Clarks" can acheive the same sleeping accomplishments.

This post, however, it to honor one of the greatest sleeping accomplishments by a Clark that I am aware of. And this award goes to Charlie.

Charlie can correct me on the details in a comment if I am wrong but the other night, Charlie went to bed around 3:30 a.m. He awoke to a text message by a friend. Charlie was annoyed that this person would text him at 9:45 AM on a non-school day!! It was his day to sleep in!!! He was annoyed until he looked at his clock... it was 9:45 PM!

Charlie slept about 18 hours... WITHOUT WAKING UP AT ALL.

And maybe we've all slept this long before when we were really, really sick or in an enduced coma, but to sleep this long, through an entire day... that's quite the accomplishment!

What is one of your greatest sleeping accomplishments?

9 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

I saw this on Facebook and thought it must be typo! I can't imagine sleeping that long and I must say I'm a little jealous! :-)

Jana

not2brightGRAM said...

I've never in my life slept 18 hours straight, and can honestly say, I wouldn't want to! I love naps, but a typical nap for me is only an hour.

My greatest sleeping accomplishment? When Rebecca was three weeks old, I put her to bed about 11 PM, ready to wake up again about 2 or 3 AM to feed her. My next conscious thought was, "Why the sunshine?!" She had slept through the night, and it was about 6 AM. I jumped out of bed to see if she was alive. When I realized she was perfectly fine, I was SO delighted that I'd gotten a full night's sleep.

Every time one of the kid's slept through for the first time, it was the same delicious feeling. =D

Charlie Clark said...

The best part about this super long sleep was that it was the second one that week. The Saturday before the Friday I slept through I didn't wake up for 16 hours :)

Needless to say, I'm excited for summer to get here!

Jon said...

I've slept that long but the sick clause got me

erin said...

that's amazing. i'm jealous too!
and i would have had to get up about 5 times to pee!

Four peas in a pod said...

Okay, first of all, Charlie:

How is it you didn't pee in the bed?!?!?

Wow.

I don't know if I have a great nap story. My weekend naps are around 2 hours. The first hour Ellie and I just talk (the most enjoyable part of my life!), the second hour we sleep. I wake up when she wakes me up!!!

Groggyness is rare, mostly overcome by a cold diet coke upon waking.

Ahhh............

-Lori

not2brightGRAM said...

Okay, if we're counting resting *and* talking as part of the overall nap time, mine are 1-1/2 hours. I always read before I nap. And, my favorite naps are with a little one nestled in my arms, too. Annabelle and I had just such a nap the last time (only time, come to think of it) she was here.

Oh, and Charlie, how *did* you do that? Did you sleep walk to the loo?

Charlie Clark said...

I'd like to thank my mother for giving me the Jones genes and for encouraging me to nap :)

mom said...

You are right Charlie, it is a Jones thing. My first recollections of napping were when I was maybe 3 years old and I was babysat at my grandparents house. Grandpa and I would nap everyday after lunch, and he would hold my "piggy's" I could not sleep if he didn't. This is probably why, up until this past year, I've always slept with socks on! I love a good nap. Sometimes I only need 20 min. other times it can be 2 hours. But when I need a nap, I NEED a nap! (But since Dad isn't a Jones you better re-think how summer will be.)