Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally, a break!

So I am out of school for a month. I will have lots of free time, but I also have a lot I want to accomplish while I am not in class or procrastinating on homework. I am planning on getting my room and apartment all cleaned up (deep clean), get my finances in order (my car just broke down and it is going to be expensive to fix), get my wireless internet working again, and still make time to relax and enjoy the break. I guess we'll see how it goes. =)

My parents and twin brothers were just here for a visit for Christmas. They headed back to Minnesota today. We had a lot of fun while they were here! Some of the things we did were: hung out with most of our Roseville family, saw some family members who were visting from out of state, went to our grandma and grampy's for grandma's famous speghetti and family fun, played some poker, and mini-golfed. I think they had a lot of fun but I am pretty sure they are glad to get back to their normal routine and sleep in their own beds! Ha, I am excited to have my bed back, too (gotta let my parents use while they are here, right?!)!

I will probably soon be posting pics from my recent trip to MN for Christmas, but I am way too tired to do that tonight! I had a lot of fun with my brother, sister-in-law and niece while I was in MN! We successfully cooked a big turkey dinner all by ourselves, however, we voted that it is way better to have a mom there to cook the turkey... =)

4 comments:

not2brightGRAM said...

It was a whirlwind Christmas week, and you deserve a break! Hope you get LOTS of naps...

Anonymous said...

We had a great time. But it is nice to sleep in our own bed!

Four peas in a pod said...

I'm glad we will see you tonite, Jess!

Anonymous said...

with the holidays gone and most of the family, (Beccie,Josh&Caleb leave Friday)....time to reflect on how fast things can change...like our "cook-off"...guess Lori just couldn't take the "heat"...I'm just very thankful that we did get to see the family, even tho it was not all in ONE setting!!! hope you get lots of naps in on your time off!!!!